At its heart, Accelerated Reader is simple.
A student reads a book, takes an online quiz, and gets immediate feedback. Students respond to regular feedback and are motivated to make progress with their reading skills.
Accelerated Reader at Idsall
The Accelerated Reader Programme is used with all classes at Key Stage 3. The English Department at Idsall promotes reading in dedicated Accelerated Reader lessons and Library lessons. We work closely with the school’s librarian, Mrs Hazlehurst, to encourage students to read texts that suit their ability and that they enjoy.
The Accelerated Reader Programme gives students the opportunity to:
- Access a wide range of books
- Increase the amount that they are reading
- Take quizzes on the books that they have read
- Earn points for each book that they have read
- Track their own progress and know how to improve
- Enter into competitions and have their achievements recognised
- Use the school library and get the most out of it
- Experience and develop a love of reading, that suits their needs and tastes.